Suspended, no reason given

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SpikeWyatt

Suspended, no reason given

Post by SpikeWyatt »

One of my referrals just contacted me because his account was suspended. He hasn't had an email explaining why: he just tried to log in and... nothing.

The only thing that springs to mind is that he submitted a (long) article on superfoods which had some vague, inaccurate and unhelpful editorial comments, so it ended up being rejected three times (and perma-rejected) because it was not "adequately revised".

He emailed support about that when it happened, to point out that the comments were unhelpful (no response yet) and again just now to ask about the suspension, but I thought I'd ask here and see if having an article refused like that is sufficient to permanently ban an account.

There's also the question of how he can access unsold articles (he has a LOT) and the money in his account...!

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Isabelnewth

Re: Suspended, no reason given

Post by Isabelnewth »

I'm not sure I can be of help, but I see your post hasn't been answered by anyone else, so...There have been a lot of recent complaints on the forum about rejections for reasons that seem vague and unfair, and also suspensions. Whether there is a change in editorial staff or policy, or whether it's just a bad patch, nobody knows. An email to Support should get the decision to suspend reviewed, as I recall somebody saying their account had been reinstated following a review, but that's probably the exception rather than the usual case.

The pay should just go through at the beginning of the month, so that should have happened already.

I presume that catalogue articles are just deleted when an account is closed, so your referral would have to rely on his own copy of his articles, but if he needs to get them from the site, again I think he would have to ask Support.

Sorry that none of that is much of an answer!
SpikeWyatt

Post by SpikeWyatt »

Thank you for replying.

You're right about the money - I checked and he got paid, he says. Which is as it should be and as expected (CC is not your average scumbag company, after all).

Still no response from support at all, which is a bit cack, after a week - but if there's a spate of such things, I guess they're running late due to increased workload or something. He's hoping to get reinstated, of course, since it was all a bit crap. Apparently he had trouble with other articles because the editor had no grasp of the fact that different writers have different voices, and wanted it all to be in an academic style, on magazine-style articles.

I can understand the need to "just do as you're told", but in situations where the editor is obviously wrong or it's opinion, I'm inclined to side with the writer just as often. :)
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

I wouldn't expect an email back from support, or even the email they promise they will send you when you do get suspended. I was suspended last week, I finally had to call in and leave messages and the only excuse I got was "wordiness".

Also, if he didnt save copies of his work on his computer and keep a log of sales, then it's not likely he will ever see those again. Those articles are simply deleted.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76885
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I was suspended earlier this year and had my account reinstated after talking to one of the admins. When my account was reinstated, my old articles reappeared in the gallery too. It might be worth asking, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply. Maybe phoning would be better than emailing?
SpikeWyatt

Post by SpikeWyatt »

LauraGinn wrote:Maybe phoning would be better than emailing?
He's in a weird non-US time zone, and is telephonophobic, so that's not possible. Personally, if a site has a support email, I expect it to work and always give appalling customer service ratings to any company that fails. :x
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

SpikeWyatt wrote:
He's in a weird non-US time zone, and is telephonophobic, so that's not possible. Personally, if a site has a support email, I expect it to work and always give appalling customer service ratings to any company that fails. :x
Prepare your article, responding to emails isnt what they do. i suspect everything goes into a spam bin and they ignore it.