Anyone experiencing rejection on those political topics?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LauraGinn

Re: Anyone experiencing rejection on those political topics?

Post by LauraGinn »

Do you guys need any help? I'm pretty free work wise for the next week and don't mind helping write some for you at cost price so you can still make your own profit. You know where to find me if you need me. If not just try and relax, the editing process on here is beyond frustrating sometimes, especially when it's so vague. You can only do your best.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Damn girl. Good luck and don't kill yourself.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:Damn girl. Good luck and don't kill yourself.
the rest are 500 word pieces,, thankfully. but i made the mistake of telling him i had a 5,000 word one sitting around that i wanted to edit down for him and he wanted it full length!
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

LauraGinn wrote:Do you guys need any help? I'm pretty free work wise for the next week and don't mind helping write some for you at cost price so you can still make your own profit. You know where to find me if you need me. If not just try and relax, the editing process on here is beyond frustrating sometimes, especially when it's so vague. You can only do your best.
after this initial request, he wants "hundreds and hundreds" so i am all ears for anyone who wants a piece of that pie. is there a way for a private request to have more than one writer?
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

These latest posts seem to indicate that it's not just the political topics being hit. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess it means we just have to be extra careful all around.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

weagle87 wrote:These latest posts seem to indicate that it's not just the political topics being hit. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess it means we just have to be extra careful all around.
I've had rejects (deleted articles) and the only comment was "word choices" sounds to me like somebody is burned out.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Depending on the due dates of the "hundreds of articles," I'm in. I'd love to have some extra work.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

weagle87 wrote:Depending on the due dates of the "hundreds of articles," I'm in. I'd love to have some extra work.
What sections do you normally write for? When he puts up another request, I'll see if he wants to include you too.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Looks like someone has noticed the frustration about political article rejections (or I have miraculously improved). I just got all of this batch of political articles through. That feels great. I'm thankful because it is fun to write my own titles. Thanks for helping me think through the pros and cons of being on this team.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

You must have improved. It seems I haven't! :(

Well done!
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. Perhaps I took less polarizing issues this time. I have become compulsive about proofreading, but I don't think anyone can improve that quickly.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Maybe I'll give political subjects a try again. The last time I had one approved was when it was only Ed.

The last one I had rejected was because it was the opinion of the editor that my piece was merely opinion.