Articles rejected for not providing useful info

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

coolwriter

Articles rejected for not providing useful info

Post by coolwriter »

Of late, my articles are getting rejected for not providing useful information to the reader. I write self improvement articles which have a few regular buyers. In fact, my self improvement articles get sold pretty quickly after approval. I hope this post convinces the editor in question that my articles are indeed "useful" as they have a good market.

tks
Arjun Mandaiker (cool writer)
evaku

Re: Articles rejected for not providing useful info

Post by evaku »

Yeah, it can be a little tricky with self-improvement stuff. I write a lot of those as well, and one time I also got a rejection for not being very useful. Upon second thought I completely agreed with the editor and I didn't resubmit that one particular article. If you feel that your article may be headed for a "not useful enough" rejection, then maybe try throwing in some pointers or how-to's. I hope they aren't being too rough on you!
StevenLEstes

Post by StevenLEstes »

I have received two rejections in a row for not providing useful information. I don't see that the rejected articles are different from ones I have sold. The rejected titles are "Success and Competitiveness" and "Conflicts in Christian Marriages." How can the editors be so sure they know what is useful in every case? I am thinking about waiting to make any more submissions until the editors settle down a bit. Would three rejections in a row for the same reason mean a permanent suspension?
StevenLEstes

Post by StevenLEstes »

I decided not to wait any longer and submitted another article this morning. I sure hope it gets accepted!
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I think the rules are a bit more relaxed now for permanent suspensions, so you shouldn't have to worry on that end. Rejections for not providing useful information seem to be subjective, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps there's a rubric for it. I've had one, and like your rejection, it was for an article that I'd previously sold dozens of a similar type, so go figure.