Mac Users—How Do You Submit Your Articles?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gorgygirl

Mac Users—How Do You Submit Your Articles?

Post by gorgygirl »

I got a rejection because my article had typos and spelling errors. However, since I was careful to proofread my article before submitting it, I think my problem is a technical one because I had a lot of trouble submitting it. Even though just before submitting the article I looked at the bottom of the screen and saw one .rtf file and one file that I had uploaded and attached, when I saw my rejected article there were about four files attached.
Before submitting the article, I had spotted a typo, and I hit the CC delete button and deleted the article and started over. I deleted the article at least three times for different reason. However, apparently, the files I thought I had deleted were not deleted. I do remember getting the error message "Unable to open file" after I hit the CC delete button. Apparently that interferred with the deletion process.

This is how I submit my articles:
1. open the document
2. highlight the document
3. copy and paste and then hit Command + V in the Content box
4. browse for the file because it's never visible in the Content box after I copy and paste
5. click the file/document and upload it
6. check to see that the document appears as an .rft document at the bottom of the screen
7. check to see that the document appears in the drop-downText Edit box after I click the Download bottom on the attached document—a lot of times text does not appear in the Text Edit box the first time
8. click the submit button

I hope some Mac user has a better way because the submission process for me is hit and miss the way I'm doing it now.