Rejection for inconsistent font?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jackalope

Rejection for inconsistent font?

Post by jackalope »

Hello,

I am new to CC. I recently submitted three articles. Two were accepted the first time, but the third was sent back with the message, "There are some problems with inconsistent font." I could not find any inconsistencies in the font, but I will go over the article again with a fine-tooth comb, and hopefully I will find the inconsistencies. Is it possible that somehow the text's font got messed up when I copied and pasted it into the submissions screen? It looked fine when I sent it in, but you never know.

I am also puzzled about the proper size of font to use, because when I copy and paste an article into the submission screen, the text changes to a different size and font. When I try to change it back to Times New Roman 12 point font, which I had been using, there is no option to use 12-point font; the only choices are sizes 1-6. Which is the correct size to use out of these 6 sizes? And is it better to just upload the file with my article? (I have been copying and pasting my articles into the submissions screen, and I've had no trouble until now, but maybe I should be uploading instead.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!