Rejected for being an autobiography?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ReneeF

Rejected for being an autobiography?

Post by ReneeF »

Back in October I wrote an article for a request which wanted fun, playful, and magazine style articles about artists. So I wrote a piece about a new geek fandom artists who is up and coming into the art scene. (The request expired by the time they reviewed the article over a week later after the initial submission.) The article was edited, revised and accepted and stood for sale for nearly 30 days before I took it down to fix some glaring comma placement issues. I resubmitted it and had a battery of rejections, most of which were minor and easily fixed. (Except the rejection for being redundant.. UGH keywords do not equal redundantcy...)

HOWEVER, it was also being rejected for being an autobiography. Correct me if I am wrong, but is not an autobiography a biography you write about yourself? I understand we cannot write self-bibliographies. And since the article only related the artists work and not her life, history, or even art history or education (it ONLY spoke about her current works of art and how these are being received among fans and media) does it still qualify as a biography? :?:
Isabelnewth

Re: Rejected for being an autobiography?

Post by Isabelnewth »

Since nobody has replied, I would like to say: no, you are not wrong! You are right! Hope you have successfully jumped through the hoops now! Cheers
ReneeF

Re: Rejected for being an autobiography?

Post by ReneeF »

This was article number 19 that I've submitted here. Still not sure about the rejection of "autobiography" or "redundancies" or even "glaring misspellings." Ihave been over this article dozens of times and am still confused. I might just pull it down and put it on my review blog because its content, keywords, and subject matter are big hitters for traffic and pulling in adsense revenue. 8)