List article rejected within 5 minutes

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

wordupgb

List article rejected within 5 minutes

Post by wordupgb »

I just received a rejection within 10 minutes of submitting an article, even though I had submitted others that are still in review. I'm wondering if it was automatically purged?

The feedback I received was this: "If you wish to create a list of tips, steps, or items, each list item must be accompanied by an explanation. We cannot accept submissions that are simply lists."

However, I did not submit a laundry list of one word tips. Each item on the list was one to two full sentences and explained why that was offered. ie.:
- Ask questions of your social followers. What do they want to see more of from your company? What interests them today?
- Search industry forums and question & answer websites like Quora for conversations you can use as inspiration for an upcoming blog post.
- Resurface your existing content by writing an introductory or summary post on a topic and offering excerpts and links to more in-depth blog posts.

I am told I cannot edit and resubmit as it's been flat out rejected. However, it kind of seems like it was thrown out based on the title. The content is valuable and I did offer an explanation with each tip.

What exactly is the policy on this? I've reviewed the in-depth guidelines and don't see it. Is it possible this was rejected without being given much of a chance and do I have any recourse since I wrote this today for this site?