Is there a new editor?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

squidpeg

Is there a new editor?

Post by squidpeg »

I have been having new issues with the editor(s) lately, though my writing style has pretty much been the same for the two years I've been here. The first issue was an article rejected with the note of "Please submit all articles in 12pt Times New Roman." I double and triple checked the article, and the whole thing was in 12pt Times. I resubmitted with that note and the article was rejected again with the note "Please attach the new article with correct font format." I had to submit a support ticket and the article was immediately approved.

Now, I am getting very generic notes on any articles that are rejected. I'll admit that sometimes I do have typos - a misspelled word or grammatical error here and there - but in general, my acceptance rate has been pretty high. Now it seems extremely low.

If CC has changed or is changing requirements, it would be really nice to know about them beforehand. I feel like the lights have been turned off in the middle of a dart game!
Lysis

Re: Is there a new editor?

Post by Lysis »

I've always had ups and downs here. Every time I leave for a long time and come back, I get like 5 in a row. lol I guess I get sloppy while I'm on hiatus!
evaku

Post by evaku »

Happens to me from time to time too... I'll have an unbroken strings of acceptances and then all of a sudden I am told that I am using demonstrative pronouns too much, even though I know I have been using them at the same rate all along. (Though for the record I am happy that they pointed it out. I think I am writing better after I've stopped overusing "this.")

So I just fix it up and go along with the seemingly new standards!

Your first problem was strange though.. maybe some kind of glitch in the system? As for the rejections after that, I'm sure you'll get back to a normal acceptance rate again soon :)
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I have had a few rejections fairly lately (3) which referred to an inadequate introductory paragraph, and pointed to some wise words in a style guide about arresting intros. I hadn't thought much about that so I was quite interested as well as indignant!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I didn't even know what a lede was until a few months ago. I mean, I knew it was an intro paragraph, but I didn't know it was only supposed to be 2-3 sentences. I'm such a noob.
elenawilliams

Post by elenawilliams »

squidpeg wrote:I have been having new issues with the editor(s) lately, though my writing style has pretty much been the same for the two years I've been here. The first issue was an article rejected with the note of "Please submit all articles in 12pt Times New Roman." I double and triple checked the article, and the whole thing was in 12pt Times. I resubmitted with that note and the article was rejected again with the note "Please attach the new article with correct font format." I had to submit a support ticket and the article was immediately approved.
Ah-ha!

It's probably ONE editor's problem with their word processing application/software - because I got 3 rejections today, and ALL of them are in 12 point font. I just posted a new thread about it, btw, and found your post while browsing the forum.

Maybe someone in CC could look into this, as it would free up a TON of time spent going back and forth re-submitting articles which are essentially fine, but being rejected because of a technical glitch which mis-reads font sizes.

Elena