Account Suspended

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rampurhaat

Account Suspended

Post by rampurhaat »

EDIT: Had to remove this article to protect other interests.
Last edited by rampurhaat on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamyownboss

Re: Account Suspended

Post by iamyownboss »

Hi rampurhaat,
I'm sorry that your account was suspended. However, when I read through your article, it's pretty clear that there are numerous grammatical and stylistic errors throughout. When the editor probably felt that just pointing out each and every mistake will not improve the quality of your level of language, and that is why your account has been banned. The editors here are pretty good about pointing out specific mistakes when there are only a few and he/she feels that it will help you in submitting better correct work in the future. When there are just too many mistakes, it means that you'll need to thoroughly brush up on language skills. I'd suggest that you use a good writing and grammar tutorial like http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/1/ to do this.
BTW, here is my stab at correcting only your first para. This is just to give you an idea....

The great man of today’s market, Warren Buffet, had once mentioned that diversification makes sense only to those who don’t understand what they are doing. This is true for those who want to invest in the long term. Being the great man with an existing ocean of wealth to support him, Buffet does exactly that. However, the road is not necessarily equally smooth for every person. So like it or not, diversification is required, and it will lead to significant risk mitigation and the possibility of profit boosting in the case of intraday stock trading.
rampurhaat

Post by rampurhaat »

I see exactly what you are saying. I also see what made the editors take the step.

I have one more question. Assuming that I improve my writing skills sufficiently, do I have an option to sign up again as an author? Or is that not permitted as per the ToS?

Once again, I hope anyone with the dream to write for CC stumbles upon this thread and pays attention.
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

I'm not sure if CC currently allows banned writers back. Perhaps others here or the moderators can answer?
I'm glad that you have such a good attitude about this. Even if you aren't able to get back on here, brushing up on your language skills will help you greatly for your future writing endeavours. There are other sites that you can try if you haven't already. Good luck!
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

The standards at CC are incredibly high. Your article is riddled with errors, poor construction and meaningless phrases. I would suggest that you are unlikely to ever reach the required standard for CC, and think you should take iammyownboss's advice and concentrate on other sites. Please don't take this as a critical comment - it is a realistic appraisal and intended to be helpful.
SLPerini

Post by SLPerini »

Are you ESL? Your username looks a little Scandinavian or something. If so, I'd say that your english is still top 1% of your peers and that's something to be excited about. Your attitude displayed in this thread is poised and diplomatic, clearly you can be successful in other places.

The first paragraph did almost look spun in certain areas even though it probably wasn't. As you can see, I have some problems myself after learning foreign languages exclusively for 3 years, my english took a holiday or two.

Where do those commas...go?

Good luck.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The Internet and blogs have hurt ESLs. :cry:

OP, sorry your account got suspended. Something I learned and still remember from an old English class is that you want to avoid writing in cliches. I notice you use a lot of them. I didn't think it was horrible (I've seen SO MUCH WORSE), but I think it's what makes the writing stand out as ESL. I used to do it too when I was younger until I was corrected.
GBen

Post by GBen »

I am just wondering. Submitting one article for review got you suspended? Or did you get several rejections before you got suspended? I am new here and I got 2 rejected articles. I am curious if that is enough to get my account suspended too.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

GBen wrote:I am just wondering. Submitting one article for review got you suspended? Or did you get several rejections before you got suspended? I am new here and I got 2 rejected articles. I am curious if that is enough to get my account suspended too.
It is all about degrees. Make a little mistake and you can correct it. The posted article is well below the standard required here. The writer is obviously ESL because native English speakers don't write like that.

The OP should consider publishing in their native language. Much easier to make money and less stress.