Account Closed

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

pmjk

Account Closed

Post by pmjk »

To C.C.,

I have only been here for a few months and have had 19 articles accepted. My last 3 articles were rejected due to grammar issues. Although I disagree, it's your site to control as you like. I would like to know whom to contact to have all my articles and profile deleted from your website. As my writing ability is not appreciated here I do not wish C.C. to earn any commission from my work.

Peter Kablinger
pmjk

Re: Account Closed

Post by pmjk »

To CC Members,

I have written to customer support and posted here on this forum. Can anyone furnish me with an answer? How do I have my profile and articles deleted from this site, now that I am banned?

Peter
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Are you sure you are banned? If you have so many accepted articles I doubt the grammar issues are fatal. Why are you not just fixing the grammar and resubmitting?
gailkav

Post by gailkav »

It does sound like a misunderstanding, but you can quite easily delete your own unsold articles. On your My Content screen, you will see edit/delete to the side of the screen, unless the articles have been sold for full rights - then they don't belong to you or CC anyway but to the buyer.
pmjk

Post by pmjk »

@jadedragon and gailkav,

There does not seem to be a mistake. I had my last three articles rejected. Each article rejection stated not to submit again. On the third article rejection, it was stated my work would no longer be considered and my account was closed.

Oddly enough, after two of the three articles in question were rejected ( for spelling apparently), I wrote the editor. I stated that I was using British spelling due to the fact I am Canadian. I then received an e-mail acknowledging that my spelling was indeed correct, and my articles had been rejected due to grammar. Furthermore, I should edit them and then resubmit. Even though the rejections stated not to resubmit, I followed to instructions and resubmitted the two article as well as a third. I thought there must be a mistake as my grammar, although not perfect , is not atrocious.

The inconsistencies between editors, lack of sales and articles not making their way to clients for consideration is all enough for me. I teach EFL English all over the world which includes conversational, grammar and writing skills. In my academic career my use of grammar had never been questioned and I maintained very high grades.

Doesn't matter, their site, their decision. I am not pleased with it but I don't feel I have been treated well here. Good luck to all of you.

Peter
BrilliantCascade

Post by BrilliantCascade »

galkav,

I see your response to Peter, you didn't get his point. There is no more "my content" option because for somebody who had been suspended, the user id and the password wont work. That is why, peter cannot delete his articles.

For my concern, I want to ask you how is CC going to give me my commission for this month? Can I post my articles somewhere else since I still the have the full rights to the article?