Hi! I'm Laura, and nervous

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SheliaRonan

Hi! I'm Laura, and nervous

Post by SheliaRonan »

This seemed like the safest place to start on the forums. :D

I've got a big/weird question that I hope somebody already addressed in another area because I feel stupid asking it in any of the forum areas.

I just submitted my first article for review, and am anxious to see if it's accepted, of course. I've heard not much feedback is given if your article is rejected... Is that true or rumor? I'd hate to get it rejected for some stupid reason and get kicked off CC right away.

It's too bad that they don't accept poems, recipes, greeting cards, etc. (placed in the right categories, of course). I could see a small greeting card company, mom and pop shop, buying up a ton of poems/greeting cards. That would be kind of amusing to write. I suppose it just doesn't pay enough for the editors to bother editing stuff like that. Still, they could limit it to "usage" rights only for those types of things and get paid again and again.

I'm out of witty things to not say. :D I hope this is a fun place to write and interact as well as a high-quality one: sometimes super-high quality folks aren't always very friendly/helpful to each other. Wish me luck on my first piece being accepted during review (it's a long one)!
Gauderbock

Re: Hi! I'm Laura, and nervous

Post by Gauderbock »

Hello and welcome!

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting feedback on a rejection - if anything, you'll probably find any mistakes are pointed out in blisteringly precise detail ;)

Not to worry though, I don't think the editors are quite as fearsome as they're often made out to be.

Good luck with your first submission!
Abbamay

Re: Hi! I'm Laura, and nervous

Post by Abbamay »

Don't be nervous! It's nice to have you here. Try your best and enjoy it! :)

Abba