I'm new, and my first article was accepted!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jumping4Joy

I'm new, and my first article was accepted!

Post by Jumping4Joy »

I'm so excited. I'm also Paul. So, I have been disabled for all 25 years of my life, and have been looking for a way to contribute to society in some way. Previously, I have volunteered at soup kitchens, and eaten at them, but now I have an article accepted. I hear that it's no easy task to get past the editors here, and I'm hoping it's no fluke that I have. You see, I suffer from complex-PTSD and Asperger's Syndrome. I have had dozens and dozens of different jobs, and even received a certificate in Advanced Manufacturing Technology, but could never keep any of them for obvious reasons. Though I technically didn't graduate high school, I still found my passion in writing. I wasn't sure if I was good enough to make any money off it; however, it seems that my article was accepted. It's 1100 words long, but it was only rejected for improper short summary and not having the title inside. I corrected those issues, and within hours it was accepted. I am so excited at this opportunity and feel truly blessed. It has taken a lot of hard work and practice to get to where I am now, but I see positive things for my future now. Without a huge amount of ado, here is the link to my article so you can take a look. Maybe you can tell me what you think too. https://www.constant-content.com/MoreDe ... bility.htm

Your friend,
Paul (the super awesome guy that everyone will either hate or love) 8)
Last edited by Jumping4Joy on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LauraGinn

Re: I'm new, and my first article was accepted!

Post by LauraGinn »

Hey Paul,

Welcome to CC. Congrats on getting your first article accepted. It looks great :)

I hope you have lots of success here. I also struggle with working in the 'real world', so freelance writing is the ideal career choice! (not to mention that you can work in your PJ's all day if you want to) :wink:

Laura
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Congratulations Paul!! I have a feeling you will do well. Your article looks good! Keep writing, and don't get discouraged if you do get a rejection once in awhile... We All DO! :)
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi Paul,

Welcome to CC! Keep writing, because that is the best way to sell.

Happy writing,
WG
RobertStreet

Post by RobertStreet »

Good to see you.