Is anybody out there?

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tomkin

Is anybody out there?

Post by tomkin »

Hi There

My author byline is Tomkin but in real life I am Eric. I have been kicking around this forum for a while and just wanted to say hello. Is it just me or do the hallowed halls of the CC Forum seem very empty right now? Where is the buzz and the atmosphere that can be created when writers bounce off each other and support each other? Hellloooo is there anybody out there??
trisheart

Re: Is anybody out there?

Post by trisheart »

Hi Eric. Welcome to CC. It does seem very quiet doesn't it. Personally, as a fellow newbie, I spend far too much time reading through these forums when I should be working. Procrastination and I are well acquainted friends. :D I hope you are enjoying CC and I look forward to seeing you round the forums.
tomkin

Post by tomkin »

Thank you Trisheart. I have never experienced anything like this before when announcing myself as a newbie on a forum. Most times i have had established members welcome me and perhaps give some useful starting advice. Highly unusual to be met with an (almost) resounding silence. I can see that the forums have been busier in the past and perhaps wth winter coming on and the kids back at school, they will pick up again. Freelance writing can be a bit of an isolating existence, but at least normally, you get a sense that you are not alone via the forums.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Welcome to CC Tomkin! Personally, I've been on the go every waking hour. Life is busy right now for many of us, including me. For some people, the pace may slow down, but for others it is sure to get busier. Life is full of unexpected responsibilities, isn't it? Read through the guidelines, proofread before submitting, and enjoy what you do! Happy writing, WG
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm here too, but not as often as I'd like to be. Welcome to you and all the newcomers.