Interesting Idea/Contest

Constant Content will occasionally post paying work here for our authors.

Moderators: Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Interesting Idea/Contest

Post by constant-content »

I'm looking for feedback on this idea...

You can learn about the contest here:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23744

Basically it's a SEO contest. I’m thinking I may be able to do okay with this contest with the help of a large group of people :).

Basicall we would need articles that contain the following keywords “v7ndotcom elursrebmem”. The article can be about anything as long as it contains the words v7ndotcom elursrebmem. You could even write an article about a oak tree’s and just substitute the word oak tree with v7ndotcom elursrebmem through out the article. Just pretend “v7ndotcom elursrebmem” is an actual product, object, person, etc and write about it.

I know this sounds crazy but it’s part of a SEO contest and I’m looking to surround a site with “v7ndotcom elursrebmem” content. The prize is $4000 but I’m more interested in getting Constant Content press by placing in the top pages. I don’t know if I will be able to do it, as I’m getting a very late start. We could donate the winnings to charity if we won.

One thing I would need is a 400-500 writing on how surrounding your site with content increases your search engine rankings. Just think if you sold garden supplies, or car parts.... Just verbiage that says Look what content did for this site, now just think what content could do for your website. (this would be on the main page)

I’m thinking maybe 10-20 articles... It is a long shot :)

We would also anyone to post about it and point back to the site with a link, when ever possible. Personal blogs, forums, etc...

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Last edited by constant-content on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm game! I'll write up an article or two with those keywords and link to the website in question from my blog. Do you have a web address for it yet? Sounds fun and I always like supporting charity and getting press .....

Will you make a separate catagory for us to submit the article or shall we post it here in the forum?
constant-content
Site Admin

Send all article entries to chris at constant-content.com.

I'm still working on the website, but I will post how to link and where soon.

If we win we can have a drawing for the ipod with the writers who helped and give the cash to charity.

Thanks all!
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I wonder if our older writings would qualify if we just incorporate your terms in them. I know I would be happy to provide you with several that have just been sitting around on the site. What do you think about using older content? --Jennifer
constant-content
Site Admin

I think I'm going to need original content on this... something that hasn't been publish or can be found on the internet. This way google see's it as fresh content.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I have some book reviews I haven't submitted to CC yet. If I substitute the book titles with your terms, would that be something suitable? --Jennifer
constant-content
Site Admin

Anything... doesn't have to make sense :), when it's over you can swap the words back out and do what you want with the review. :)

Looking to mention those keywords in the review or article a bunch of times, but not over do it.
RachelN

Post by RachelN »

Sounds interesting! I shall try and use the words in something for you :)
beconrad

v7ndotcom elursrebmem article

Post by beconrad »

Sounds cool. I will give it a shot.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I emailed you my article Chris but then I saw you added a category for it, so I posted it there as well. I put it in for free usage then put minimal prices for unique/fullrights - wasn't sure how you wanted that - it's free for you by all means however you want to use it. But then I thought if other people came along and grabbed it - well they should pay something right? So please advise if you even want it posted for potential customers or not. I don't really care one way or the other, just want your site to get lots of hits :)
constant-content
Site Admin

Anyone else

Okay... I'm almost done with the site...

Thanks to Celeste Stewart, beconrad, and J. A. Young for your help with some articles.

If I missed anyone please let me know I get a lot of email and maybe over looked it.

I'm looking for more if anyone has any...
constant-content
Site Admin

Well here it is, please let me know if you don't see your article. I'm still looking for more :)

http://www.constant-content.com/v7ndotcom-elursrebmem/

Its bad, but its bad for a reason ;)
Dorothy Edison

Post by Dorothy Edison »

It's bad, but it's funny that you acknowledge it right on the page. I think it works because of that, rather than in spite of it. I'll try to work on something for it.

DE
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that in the banner ad on that page, the word 'articles' was spelled wrong.

And are you still interested in more articles? If I get a chance, I'd like to help the cause :P
constant-content
Site Admin

Opps... that would have been bad :)

Like I said I'm getting a REAL late start on this and probably won't even come close, but I thought it would be worth a shot. Feel free to send me anything you have...

As for anyone else I’m now looking for links (Forums, weblogs, websites, etc). Remember this will go to charity (if we win) and I’ll let you guys vote on which one.

The link back should look like: