Find Mistakes

Constant Content will occasionally post paying work here for our authors.

Moderators: Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Sorry Ann... been pretty busy. I plan on doing everything you suggested.
AnnM

no worries...

Post by AnnM »

Not trying to push. Just hoped I hadn't offended anyone. Sounds like you are up to your eyebrows in writers, er, I mean alligators. :)
constant-content
Site Admin

I finally got to those fixes, thanks again. Everyone else keep your eyes open.

Thanks all.
AnnM

typo

Post by AnnM »

If you are submitting an article and you hit the upload button before you have selected a file with the "browse" option, you see an error:

Error recieving data

this is spelled wrong and should be:

Error receiving data

:)
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

Chris:

On one of your test ads, you have an error in the copy.

What you have is:
Title: Constant-Content.com - Web Site Content
Description: Articles, Tutorials, and Reviews. A place full of articles, text files, reviews, tutorials, everything that is needed to construct a finished website. If your web site needs content this is the place for you.

You might consider these minor changes:
Description: Articles, Tutorials, and Reviews. A place full of articles, text files, reviews and tutorials, everything you need to construct a finished website. If your web site needs content, this is the place for you.
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

I don't know if this request is still current, but I just now submitted a typo report concerning the Author FAQ page. If anyone else noticed that errant apostrophe above the fold, rest assured that it has been reported!

There. Now that my very first post in this forum has been an anal retentive nit-pick, I can rest knowing that I have upheld my reputation as an uptight Type A personality. Whew! Now I can relax and be sloppy. ;)
tray535

Misadventure

Post by tray535 »

Well that was a bit messed up... 8)8)
jaebaeli

unsuccessful spelling

Post by jaebaeli »

After uploading a file, i get this message in a blue box:

Extension 'doc' recognized
'True Blue Colors.doc' uploaded succesfully.

"successfully" is the correct spelling.

Regards,
Jae
jaebaeli

Post by jaebaeli »

Here's another suggestion, although not about spelling:

In the submission/category listing, a section is arranged thus:
all content>>articles>>general>>short stories>>fiction

For obvious reasons, this doesn't make much sense. Short stories are not articles. Fiction works are not articles, and Short Stories ARE fiction, by definition. It's rather like saying "I write fiction novels." In a descending category list, the more natural listing would be:
all content>>fiction>>short stories

Just a suggestion.
Regards,
Jae
Article Admin

Post by Article Admin »

Short stories do not necessarily have to be fictional. I write many short stories for anthologies that are non-fiction. However, I agree that we should have a category, "Short Stories," and subcategories "Fiction" and "Non-fiction."
TheWriteKind

Post by TheWriteKind »

Find Mistakes
Goto page Previous 1, 2

Goto= needs a space Go to page

This was on this page and I've noticed it on others as well.

TheWriteKind
rubygloom28

How do you tell someone you found a mistake in the preview

Post by rubygloom28 »

I found a mistake in someones article. She referred to a city in my state a Jan Jacinto and it is San Jacinto.
constant-content
Site Admin

Sorry Ann... Missed these, i will get to them.
telyni

A few more...

Post by telyni »

Hello, I was browsing around and happened to see a few more things that need fixing.

On the FAQs page at the very bottom:
"Yes, you have 5 days to return your content we will handle each case differently."

is a run-on sentence and should be:

"Yes, you have 5 days to return your content. We will handle each case differently."

In the FAQ answer above this one, I saw:

"You are however allowed to add links to the article, this is the only change you can make with Usage and Unique licenses."

which is another run-on sentence. This should be:

"You are, however, allowed to add links to the article. This is the only change you can make with Usage and Unique licenses."

Another thing which I saw because I just signed up was the notice that appeared when I tried to log in before I had activated my account. It says:

"Your account it is unconfirmed!"

which has an extra "it" in the middle and should be:

"Your account is unconfirmed!"

Thanks,
~Reiko
telyni

Post by telyni »

I've found a few more things that I would like considered.

On the article editing page, next to the Unique Rights amount box, the note says, "Set to zero for non-exclusable license." This should really say "non-exclusive."

Next to the Full Rights amount box, the note says, "Set to zero if don't want to use Full Rights." This sentence is lacking a subject and sounds a bit awkward. Perhaps "Set to zero to disallow Full Rights" would be better.

Also, why is there a sub-category labeled "Self-Improvement" under the main "Self-Improvement" article category?

One other suggestion for categories is the addition of a Japanese sub-category under Language. There is already a French sub-category, so individual languages are certainly not out of the question. And there are several articles already in the Language category that have to do with Japanese, so the sub-category would not need to be empty once created. I understand that one way to suggest categories is through the article submission form, and since I have an article on Japanese I plan to submit soon, I will certainly use that method if the sub-category is not available by the time I submit it. I just thought I would suggest it now while I am making other suggestions.

Thanks,
~Reiko