Find Mistakes

Constant Content will occasionally post paying work here for our authors.

Moderators: Ed, Constant

vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

Hi there, yes, proofreading is the best way to achieve high accuracy. I am new here, and have got my first article accepted just a little while ago. I submitted an introduction post also recently about that.

I have submitted the article to CC and it was the third time that mine was accepted. I did make so many mistakes when I first submitted it. Then I did a thorough proofreading and editing, in which I could spot about hundreds of stylistic and punctuation errors. I had to reread my style guide: Elements of Style. I, however, got my article published at last. Thanks to the five hours of editing I did. I understood the value of CC through this. I think they are the best there that can give you quality content. :)
Aariana Adams

Spelling

Post by Aariana Adams »

On this page
http://www.constant-content.com/area/writertutorial.htm

They simply shop the sight for articles of interest. (should be site)

Think tropical or subtropical like Barbados, Hawaii, Mexico, etcÉI

...open a new Paypal Account, etcÉ

Aariana
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

One of my customers mentioned that CC has bad grammar -- in the email that is sent once they purchase articles. Here's what he says:

"The bad grammar (and maybe I am wrong) is at the bottom of the email under the red bar I copied from their site. It states “The documents has been added to your cart”. I was referring to the use of the plural form of “documents” with the word “has” instead of “have.” "

If you could change that, that would be nice :)
Celeste Stewart

Here's a little mistake I just now noticed: "Freelace" Authors - on the authors page - right across the top.

http://www.constant-content.com/authors.php
andersson

Re: Find Mistakes

Post by andersson »

[i]
Since this site represents the writers it would be very helpful if you could point out any errors you may see.[/i]

Because this site represents writers, it would help us if you could point out any errors you see.

[i]Please send a report to via the contact page if you find anything.[/i]

Please send us a report via the contact page if you find errors.

I will send you a bill for five bucks for that one.
LOL
Seriously, shouldn't we get like cookies in the mail or something if we find booboos?

k. :lol:
Ed

Post by Ed »

The site has recently changed ownership, and errors will gradually be corrected.

Thanks,
ED
andersson

new owners

Post by andersson »

But you and Celeste are sticking around, right?
Ed

Post by Ed »

With pleasure.

Celeste is a fellow writer, though, so she'd stick around regardless. :P
Celeste Stewart

I'm not going anywhere :) I love CC and have nothing but good things to say about the new owners! Seriously, I've been writing for them for a long time and they rock! I know we're in good and capable hands.
rljudge

Post by rljudge »

Hello,

On the Request Content page (http://www.constant-content.com/account/new_request.htm), in the "price you're willing to pay" section of the form, the phrase "if your price is set to low" has a typo. It should read "too low".

Thanks,

R.L. Judge
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hi RL,

Nice to see you on the forums. We're undergoing a lot of changes at CC, so you'll see a gradual eradication of all typos and awkward phrasing.

Thanks,
Ed
Constant

Post by Constant »

I would definitely suggest that anyone who sees problems with grammar etc anywhere on the site, to please let us know by using this forum. I can then make a note of it and add it to the list of changes we need to be making. Thanks guys!
Hans

Post by Hans »

Was this mentioned?

This is the email we get after a sale:
"You have new sale on your author account, congratulations on the sale of a article. You can log in to your author account for more details."

It should really be:
You have A new sale on your author account, congratulations on the sale of AN article! You can log in to your author account for more details.

Now I demand five dollars!
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Mistake is letting spammers ruin our forum sites. CC - Can you lock anyone who sends spam crap out of the forums permanently??
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

It's the "bots" that are probably doing it. As a former forum administrator I can tell you, the only way to stop them in most cases is to require all new accounts to be approved by an administrator. Unfortunately, the bots also help with search engine indexing, although I've never seen them set up as members before. You see and/or learn something new every day.

Another way is to block entire domains, but good spam bots create ten new proxy domains for every one blocked.